Tips & considerations when filming yourself
- Be sure to check your environment and remove any unwanted clutter.
- A neutral, clean background is preferred.
- Ensure that your face is more brightly lit then the background.
- Simply face a window or sliding door with natural light coming in.
- As a general rule, try get your camera level with your eye-level, so the audience feels they are meeting you on the same level.
- Try to look at the camera lens on your phone (make eye contact)
Don’t stare at your face on the screen.
- Ensure your mobile phone or camera is stable, preferably not hand-held – you may want to get someone to film you.
- Please shoot in landscape format, NOT PORTRAIT (turn your phone sideways)
- Please ensure that the message is recorded in the quietest environment possible.
Please try and reduce interference from cars, planes, birds, lawn mowers, cell phones ringing, dogs barking, etc.
- Be sincere and feel comfortable.
- Express yourself freely when you tell us why “Does Jazz Matter?”