- Created: 27 June 2013
AFDA presents IGNITION – The Future of Filmmaking, in partnership with DIFF
As part of the 34th Durban International Film Festival, which is principally funded by the National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund, the University of KwaZulu Natal's Centre for Creative Arts in association with the AFDA, invites community organisations to apply for IGNITION, a free workshop on an Introduction to Film Production which will take place from 22 to 26 July 2013.
The workshop is open to entry-level applicants, preferably those who have not been working in the industry but have a strong desire to pursue video production as a career option. The course will involve practical skills on camera operation, composition, scripting and film editing. Successful participants will be awarded a certificate of completion.
It is preferable that participants be attached to community organisations as this will provide them with an organisational environment where they can make use of and impart their newly-acquired skills.
Application Process for Community Organisations:
● Community organisations are invited to nominate up to 2 candidates.
● An official endorsement by the director of the organisation must accompany the application and should contain a description of the organisation and its full contact details.
General Application Requirements (For organisations and individuals):
● Applicants are required to submit a one-page motivation on why they wish to attend the course and how it will benefit their organisation.
● Applications must contain full contact details of the applicant.
● Applications may be emailed, faxed, delivered or posted to:
Centre for Creative Arts – IGNITION Application
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Howard College Campus
● Faxed to: (031) 260 3074
● Queries may be addressed to: (031) 260 1817 or (031) 260 2506
● Closing date for submissions is 4th July 2013
● A selection of provisional candidates may be contacted to attend interviews.
● The final list of successful applicants will be confirmed by the 10th July 2013
- The tuition will be in English.
- Participants must attend all the workshop sessions (08h00- 17h00).
- This workshop will be held during the 34th Durban International Film Festival which runs from 18 July to 28 July 2013.
For further information please use below contacts.
Centre for Creative Arts
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Durban 4041 South Africa
Tel: +27 31 260 1817 or +27 31 260 2506
Fax: +27 031 260 3074
Cell: +27 073 208 5167
The University of KwaZulu Natal's Centre for Creative Arts in association with the AFDA, will host IGNITION, a free workshop on an Introduction to Film Production which will take place from 22 to 26 July 2013 during the Durban International Film Festival. AFDA staff will be lecturing at the workshop including well-known director and producer Richard Green who has worked on films in various capacities such as Spud, District 9, Otelo Burning and Anant Singh’s Long Walk to Freedom, Damien Tomaselli who has worked as a performer, editor and producer across both theatre and film genres and Stuart Strydom who has extensive experience in video and sound editing